Rice pudding recipe fried in the oven, a sweet, light and delicious milk dessert. I used low amount of sugar to make this dessert even lighter. Depending on your preference, the lemon-zest flavor also makes taste like a refreshing summer dessert.
Perfect fried rice pudding recipe. You must absolutely try.
- For the measurement cups which i use please look at “measurements” .
- Serves 250 ml x 2 cups. Depends on your portions.
- When you boiled 40 gr rice it will be 120 gr. Medium riced. If you want more rice add some.
- Lemon zest and cinnamon is optional, you can discard or use what aroma you want.
- Boil the rice which softness you like. We won’t cook long time after adding milk.
- 500 ml milk
- 100 gr granulated sugar (Low sugared- 1/2 cup)
- 20 gr starch (2,5 tbsp)
- 40 gr rice (About 4 tbsp ) (See the notes above)
- 1 stick cinnamon (Optional)
- Half lemon zest (Optional)
- Take the rice in a small pot. Add water (must be covered with water) and leave to boil. Cooked until the desired softness is reached. Afterward, drain, set aside.
- Cut the lemon crust into big pieces with a fruit pulp.
- Milk, cinnamon, lemon zest and sugar are taken in another pot and heated until the bubbles come out from the edges . When its done remove the cinnamon and lemon zest.
- Add rice and cook stirring constanly until boiled.
- In a small bowl, stir well 3-4 tablespoons of cold water and starch. Add starch mixture into the milk mixture and stir constantly. It must be boiled. After it is boiled, cook for 2-3 minutes more until consistency is provided.
- Serve it to the cups and let it sit room temperature.
- When room temperature is reached, heat your oven to 240º C only with the top grille open. When the oven is warmed, place half cup of hot water in a heat-resistant container.
- When the oven is warm, take the rice puddings into the oven and kept in the oven until the desired redness is reached.
- When the redness reached, take out the rice puddings from the oven and let sit in room temperature first, then refrigerate at least 2 hours.