Baguette bread is crispy, crunchy and soft inside, with a tasty flavor. It will be indispensable for your meals and sandwiches. I explained the construction steps below. I also have how to make video on my youtube channel. By following the steps you can easily prepare your baguette bread in your home.
- For the measurement cups which i use please look at “measurements” .
- Makes “45-46 cm x 2” baguette breads.
- You need a sharp knife or razor blade to score the breads. Razor blade is best for score.
- 100 gr flour / (1/2 cup + 3 tbsp)
- 110 ml su / (About 1/2 cup)
- 1 tsp instant yeast
- 430 gr flour / (3 cups + 1 tbsp)
- 245 gr water / (1 cup + 1 tsp)
- 10 gr instant yeast
- 10 gr salt / (Litte more than 1 tsp)
- Add water, yeast and flour to a bowl and mix with a spoon until smooth. (Or you can knead by your hand)
- Cover with a plastic wrap and let for fermentation at room temperature until bubbles appear on the surface.
- When starter is ready, in another bowl knead flour, water, starter, instant yeast and salt until smooth. (About 10 minutes)
- Make a big dough ball and cover, let sit for first fermentation until double sized.
- When double sized press slightly to the dough and make a ball again. Cover and let sit for second fermentation.
- After second fermentation sprinkle soe flour to the surface and cut the dough 2 pieces. Make two dough balls.
- Take the dough ball lightly floured surface and press slowly. Try to make rectangle shape. The rectangular shaped dough is rolled inward like a roll and wrapped. In each curl, each layer is pressed firmly with the finger. You can see how it is done on the video.
- Press the middle of the dough roll by a little force, and press more forced on its light sides and it is extended with forward and backward movements and given a baguette bread shape.
- Take the shaped bread into the baking tray and let sit for last fermentation about30-45 minutes. Depends on room temperature. At this time pre-heat your oven to 240º C. And put 1/4 cup of hot water in it with a little heat proof cup.
- When bread is ready sift some flour on top and score the top with a razor blade.
- Without waiting place the bread pre-heated oven and lower the temperature to 220º.
- Bake until golden brown on top and bottom. Baking time depends on your oven. Be in control after 5-20 minutes.