Strawberry magnolia is a summer dessert. I wrote “Banana Magnolia Pudding” recipe a few months ago, This recipe is a little different from banana pudding bur you can use both pudding recipes with your favourite fruits.
It is time for making straberry desserts while summer is coming and now it is easy to find more delicious strawberries.
I hope you will try this perfect magnolia recipe.
- For the measurement cups which i use please look at “measurements” .
- Serves 4-6 but depens on size of your cups.
- You can use some other fruits instead of strawberries. But fruits must be soft.
- Eggs must be fresh. Inside of egg must not be shaken when you shake the egg.
- There is no difference to use biscuits, cookies or cakes in the pudding. You can ground them or make small pieces.
- 500 ml milk (2 cups + 1 tbsp)
- 40 gr corn starch (5 tbsp)
- 100 gr granulated sugar (1/2 cup)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg (Large)
- 30 gr butter (2 tbsp)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or rum
- 100 ml heavy cream
- Vanilla wafers or cookies or your favourite biscuits (See the notes above.)
- 10-15 strawberries
- Place the milk and vanilla in a soucepan. Bring to a boil. Keeping an eye on the milk.
- In another bowl whisk the cornstarch, granulated sugar, salt and egg until smooth.
- Slowly add the hot milk to the egg mixture whisking constantly. Pour the tempered egg mixture back to the soucepan.
- Place over medium heat and cook stirring constantly until the pudding comes to a boil and thickens.
- When mixture thickens take away from the heat and add the butter, stir until homogenized.
- Pour the pudding into a bowl and cover with a plastic wrap and let it cool to room temperature.
- In another bowl whisk the cream until thickens with a mixer. Pour through the room temperatured pudding and stir with a spatula until homogenized.
- In a serving cup put some biscuits, strawberries and pudding. Decorate it whatever you want.
- Refrigerate it a few hours to cool enough.