Savory cookies has nicely golden brown top and crisp texture. So simple to make it. Hope you will try and like.
- For the measurement cups which i use please look at “measurements” .
- Makes 24-30 (2-3 cm circle) cookies but depends on your shape.
- For topping you can use milk and egg yolk mixture or water.
- 120 gr shortener (margarine)(room temperature)
- 240 gr flour (1,5 scups + 3 tbsp)
- 5 gr salt (About 1/2 tsp)
- 5 gr granutaed sugar (About 1/2 tsp)
- 7 gr baking soda (1 tsp)
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 60 ml water ( 1/4 cup)
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tbsp milk
- If you don’t mind about having golden brown cookies you should prefer water.
- Pre-heat your oven to 180ºC.
- In a large bowl mix flour, salt,sugar and baking soda.
- Add shortener, egg yolks, water and vinegar. Knead until smooth.
- Cover with a plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- Put the rested dough between two parchment paper and roll with a rolling pin. (1/2 cm thick)
- If you don’t want to roll you can shape with your hands see in the video.
- Brush with egg yolk and milk mixture or water and sprinkle some sesame seeds.
- Bake about 25-30 minutes until golden brown on top and nicely browned bottom.